23 April 2006

summer night & directions ...

Last night, I was walking home, and for a split second, it was liked being back on holiday! Such a glorious summer night (okay, I had a jacket on, but one cannot expect toooo much at London)! With the gentle evening breeze, few scattered stars, I can even imagine being in flip-flops (really last-season, I know!), sipping drinks at Chicago, with not a care in the world. Never mind, hopefully, in 8 weeks' time, when everything is over, I can again be sipping drinks at Vienna :)

Anyway, someone asked me for direction last night. Normally, I am one of those really annoying people who do not have a clue about anywhere (even if I live there), but it was on my road, so even I got that (and was actually quite chuffed!) ... but I didn't know which house she wanted, so I left her on the road (excuse: my road has about 25 houses on each side) ... it turned out the house was directly opposite mine ...

so there you are ...