05 November 2007

marriage ...

... is probably the subject which I have been talking the most of this week ... it is emotionally draining ... I talked about it with my little sister, my friends, my patients ... sometimes you wonder how many "couple therapy" one can endure in a day ... it is strange in that those at the start of this life-long marathon sound so optimistic, so hopeful of what the future will bring ... next along the lines are those who have been married for a while, with their soles of sorrow, painful joints ... and at the end, there are those who have endured a quarter of a century together, with their broken promises, bottles of tears, glasses of misunderstanding shattered on the ground ...

... it does make you wonder ... but hey, some people do make it through intact and smiling ...