03 November 2007

Time ...

... can be measured by the moving hands of a clock, as it ticks away the seconds, the minutes, the hours ... but what does one turn to when we reach the days, the months, the years ... do we refer to a calendar? or our diary? What is the mind map of our life on earth? If I ask you: "Where were you last year when they were showing the firework?", how will you search for that day in your mind ...

Some people may anchor it by their travels, "ahhh, I missed it as I was at the Big Apple"; or by their jobs/studies, "On-calls, on-calls, on-calls"; or by their relationships, "I watched it with my ex"; or by their feelings, "Very stressed out that day - can't remember what I thought of the firework"; or by our beliefs, "God seemed a distant memory then" ...

Maybe how we divide our lives, both in reality and in our minds, shows what has the uttermost prominence in our lives, but as C.S.Lewis said:

"The Future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is".