02 October 2011

Sorry about the doom ...

... is the song by Slow Club which I listened to, as I cleared up tonight, after one of the best Birthday celebrations I have ever had; very authentic and relaxed.  Awesome friends, lovely eclectic mix of food (Vietnamese/Chinese prawns starter, Sri Lanka salmon curry, French poached pears), truffles, wines, just the right amount of competitiveness at Cranium, thrown in organising a November holiday, and ending up watching lots of random Elmo youtube videos (with some feeble attempts from us to imitate his chicken dancing!) ... Nearly perfect, even without some in depth discussion about the meaning of life :p ... 


The lyrics for this song has a real sense of hopelessness to it, but the music is liked a lullaby, very soothing.  Maybe this moment in time for me involves finally closing a heavy polished wooden door, saying a proper goodbye to an era, and embracing the times ahead with a head filled with crazy explorations and a heart full of adventitious dream ...


Meanwhile, there is a dinner with fellow believers to share, an afterparty for "Phantom" 25th anniversary to dance to, "Jewels" to watch, lovely friends to see, ancient Egypt to visit, and of course, good old psychotherapy session to attend to ... Life is never bleak at this end of the world, but tremendously blessed ... 


I agree you were right to say we're doomed 
Cuz there isn't a chance that I'll get to be in your arms soon 
Cuz I'm back on the road now 
And there is nothing that we can do 
I have to find a way to make the days pass soon 

We spend our time looking for which one fits best 
And in the morning I am waking 
And I'm wondering how its me who ended up like this 
Cuz I'm the one who said it would be easy 
Now I'm the one whose feeling worse 
Cuz I agreed that I would never be put first 

And I know your heart is beating slow 
And out of time with mine 
So now I'll say goodbye