09 February 2007

changed over ...

... to surgery since Wednesday. I am definitely not cut out to be a surgeon. They tend to think quite linearly (completely different to medicine, where your thinking tends to branch out) and my team has no structure. To be honest, we don't have many patients, but the consultants like to randomly turn up on the ward, and have a ward round (actually, more like a whiz round, as we tend to float through the patients).

My team is very nice, and I am with some of my medicine mates, so I can't really complain .... just slowly learning a different way of working ... I have managed to medicalise two of my patients (ie. making them a medical, rather than a surgical problem), so that is pretty cool :) although no Psychiatry patient so far ...

Oh well, it is the weekend, enough about work for now ...