11 March 2007

How slow are you?

... is an article in "The Times" today ... it is a pretty interesting quiz for you to see "how slow are you?"

http://www.slowlondon.com/quiz.php

Do check it out if you have time. I have an amazingly slow Saturday ... woke up at 12, took 1.5 hours to get out of the flat (we surfed the net, answered some emails, actually brushed my hair ...), had a long long lunch, leisurely stroll around Battersea Park and finished off the day with plum tarts and teas ... can life be more perfect?

But my slow approach to life caught up with me in the evening - when I was late for my friend's dinner party; involved a substantial amount of running to catch the buses, buying some random drinks in a supermarket, and organising a lesson for tomorrow in the middle of the night ... but hey, I still prefer to trade a few hours of slowness with a few hours of rush and manic ...