29 April 2007

Florence ...

... had a pretty amazing holiday - can't really complain when the combination consists of renaissance art, awesome architecture, lots of sun, on top of pasta and ice-cream ... but I missed the following during my travel:
  • tea - my selection of fruit tea, herbal tea, Earl Grey, Lady Grey, random Chinese tea ... (coffee is just not an equivalent - not even Italian ones)
  • texting & picking up my phone to talk to my friends ~ although my travelling buddy is lovely; calm, patient, can defuse any situation, can read a map, can fix my camera, has a bag which has everything I ever wanted, can motivate me to walk even when I don't want to.
  • St Helens - all those Gothic churches with lots of icons have a gloomy atmosphere.
  • all of my books - I really wanted to read some scenes from "a room with a view".
  • English newspaper - going to bed with one now :)

But I survived without the above for a week ... so maybe it wasn't too bad afterall ...