15 April 2007

sun ...

... comes out today ... it has been around for a while, but due to various reasons (mainly work!), I haven't had an afternoon off, at which I just sit under the sun, reading the paper, chatting and generally, not doing very much ...

It reminds me of the installation which Olafur Eliasson did at Tate Modern back in 2004. He created "The Weather Project" in which lots of lights are used to create a sun, with a mist filling the space. It was an amazing project ~ you could see the dense yellow lights and felt the warmth it created. It did indeed make London seem less cold that winter ... although looking at the current environmental issues, we may have to resort to having an artificial sun for our summer in 20-30 years' time, and look back at these summer days with nostalgia.

All sounding really depressing - must be the effect of going to a party ... I get really nervous (and therefore hyper) while I am out, and then I just get kinda sad ... maybe I do have bipolar disorder ... hmm ...