26 May 2007

being practical ...

... is definitely not my cup of tea. I spent an hour sorting out my mobile phone bill today ~ I did have the most helpful assistant on earth ... he was liked ~ hmm, your bill is £90 ... because you bought things with your phone?!?, made £13 worth of calls in one go, have subscriptions which you didn't even know exist ...

For example, I am subscribed to mobile TV, but "I don't even have TV in my flat" (he was liked - "TV on your mobile dear"). When I couldn't unsubscribe via the internet, despite clear instruction from him, he was "hmm, via your mobile". So there you are. The worst thing is that he kept on calling me "Doctor ... doctor ..." ... sometimes I think I am an embrassement to my profession ... Oh well, never mind, at least I can claim to be a star in blood taking ... (which is what I have learnt from vascular surgery ~ a very important life skill!)