24 May 2007

Closure ...

... is an interesting thing and sometimes, they happen without us realising it ... They do tend to come when it is least expected, like rains falling on a sunny day, but most of the times, they are essential and vital for the continuity of the day-to-day life ...

This week has been a major wake up call for me (seeing a few long-lost friends, having a patient dying randomly, being honest with how I feel/what I struggle with, realising what I miss, learning the harsh reality of work ...) ... In the past year or so, I have been running away ... but the long hand has finally turned to "12", and it is chiming for me to face up to them. It will involve a substantial amount of thinking and exploring ... and it will hurt, as holes in myself, my faith, and the world will be found ... but I need to close this ambiguous chapter of my life, need to reassess where I stand, what I believe and how to continue ...

it is going to be a long long road, but hey, a pretty relaxed bank holiday weekend is definitely the way forward ...