22 September 2007

Food ...

Today, I decided to write a really silly entries about food that I like ... to be honest, noone will be interested but it is kind of fun to make piles and piles of lists, which no one will read, except yourself a few years down the line ... always interesting to note how one has changed and the constancy in oneself can be reassuring too ...

So here it goes:
 sushi in any form, except Octopus ones ... (and also unsure about all the raw and exotic fishes which I haven't tried)
 tempura - how can anyone say "no" to that?!?
 pasta in pretty much any sauce ~ I haven't found one which I don't like, but my favourite is probably spaghetti wrapped in a paper, with seafood and tomato sauce (I should pretend to be posh and use its Italian name, but sadly, my Italian is limited to "Ciao") ...
 noodles - fried, in big swimmingly bowl, with way too much sauce (yep, some of you have seen me eating this one, and looked on in disbelief!), Pad Thai ... I can literally survive on noodles ...
 dim-sum ~ except chicken feet ... some people will say that I am not Chinesey enough, but I just hate that thing ...
 Shanghai cuisine & peking duck
 chips ... sometimes, I just have to have it, no matter what I am having for the main course ... I quite like steaks & burgers too, especially when it is cold and rainy outside ...
 chocolates, especially Green & Black Almonds ~ definitely saw me through finals!
 ice-creams; Hagen Daze ~ I love to indulge myself at Hagen Daze at Leicester Square (I think I have taken most of my friends there!) ... the thought of walking in there with soooo many ice-cream to choose from is just sooo comforting ~ it is a bit liked Tiffany to Holly Golightly, although that is way more classy!
 tea - absolutely adore it, earl grey, lady grey, strawberries, mint, mango, green, apple, jasminie etc etc, but I don't like Bush tea ... hmm ... and proper chinese tea (way too strong!)
 cakes, of course chocolates one, closely followed by carrot cakes, cookies, banana bread, flap-jacks ... I also like crumbles ... basically, I will never say "no" to desert, unless it is sour!?!?
 fishes - again, any kind, unless they are too meaty or bony ... also, love lobster, crab, prawns ... basically most seafood, except octopus & squid - I don't like chewy stuffs!
 soups - I really like Covent Garden ones ~ it has recently become one of my stable diet during on-call, for lunch, and if I am too tired to cook ...
 curries as long as it is not spicy; Indian, Thai, Japanese, Chinese ...

Basically, I eat everything ... just in case that you are planning to cook for me :)

May 2012
A slight update, as I have become a pescatarian since June last year.   I actually can still eat most food on the list, except for peking duck and certain dim sum ... These are some foods I have found along the way ...
 Butter squash and cranberries, courtesy of Whole Food
 Quinoa salad
 Frozen yoghurt with lots and lots of toppings
 A prawn dish at Gambia ... the chef at the hotel felt sorry for my pescatarian status and just cooked me this gorgeous dish out of the blue!