26 February 2008

Once ...

... a musical for our time ...

Say it to me now ~
"I'm scratching at the surface now
And I'm trying hard to work it out
So much has gone misunderstood
This mystery only leads to doubt
And I didn't understand
When you reached out to take my hand
And if you have something to say
You'd better say it now

Cause this is what you've waited for
Your chance to even up the score
And as these shadows fall on me now
I will win somehow

Cause I'm picking up a message Lord
And I'm closer than I've ever been before
So if you have something to say
Say it to me now ..."

If you want me ~
"Are you really here or am I dreaming
I can’t tell dreams from truth
For it’s been so long since I have seen you
I can hardly remember your face anymore
When I get really lonely and the distance calls its only silence
I think of you smiling with pride in your eyes a lover that sighs

If you want me, satisfy me

Are you really sure that you believe me
When others say I lie
I wonder if you could ever despise me
You know I really try
To be a better one
to satisfy you
for you’re everything to me
And I do what you ask me
If you let me be free"

When your mind is made up ~
"So
If you ever want something
You call, call
And I'll come running
to fight
And I'll be at your door
And there's nothing worth running for

When your mind is made up
There's no point trying to change it
When your mind is made up
There's no point trying to stop it

You see, you're just like everyone
When the s*** falls
All you want to do is run away
And hide all by yourself
When there's fall, fall
There's nothing else

When your mind is made up
There's no point trying to change it
When your mind is made up
There's no point even talkin'
When your mind is made up
There's no point trying to fight it ..."